Communication: “The Main Domain” of HCAHPS
Patricia A. Bradley, Senior Director of Patient Experience,North Kansas City Hospital
February 19, 2019 – 2:00-3:00 PM ET
Ask any patient what is the most important aspect of their care, and they will say communication from their care givers. In a health care climate with many uncontrollable variables, the one thing we do control is how we communicate with our patients and their families. This presentation outlines an organization’s journey to embrace the need for more compassion and empathy in our communication. This presentation shares content to help you achieve an organizational shift in culture. The keys to success that will be presented:
- Change begins with Senior Leadership; support, training, expectations and accountability.
- Strategic organizational launch for all employees; purpose, skill building, inspiration, practice, mastery of content, and application of skills.
- Performance coaching; creating an atmosphere where peer feedback is integral to the success of the organization
- Leading your organization; how you take the lead, support the organization and own the initiative.
- Outline an effective strategy to achieve/ sustain improvement in HCAHPS domains, by using an organizational wide approach to improve communication.
- Identify concrete tactics for engaging and supporting organizational leaders through a strategic communication focused initiative, that includes accountability for measurable results.
- Summarize the five success factors that are key to short-term and long-term performance improvement.
PXE Credit: 1