What are PXEs?
Patient Experience Institute offers formal accreditation for learning, teaching and professional service events and activities focused on the patient experience. This accreditation allows programs and events to award Patient Experience Continuing Education Credits (PXEs). PXE credits are awarded for both internally developed and commercially offered learning opportunities. PXEs can be applied towards certification and recertification as a certified patient experience professional.
How to offer?
Patient Experience Institute provides the formal process by which organizations can apply to offer Patient Experience Continuing Education Credits (PXEs) for their learning programs, events and activities that are focused on the patient experience. These can be both internal organization programs or commercial offerings as long as they adhere to all requirements outlined in the application process. All programs undergo rigorous peer review before being awarded PXE accreditation. PXE accreditation is valid for two years from approval.
Interested in offering PXEs for your programs or events, begin the application process.
The PXE application process is available through our application portal. The following requirements are associated with the application:
- Organizations interested in offering PXEs are required to complete an application requesting the following:
- Presenter/author information, including organizational information and full bio
- Declaration of any conflict of interest and disclosure of any commercial support or intent
- Note: All approved educational activities must be kept separate from all promotional activities and commercial support must not influence the planning, development, content, implementation or evaluation of the education
- Statement of Purpose for the learning program/event, i.e., a broad statement regarding the intent of the activity
- Learning objectives for the learning program/event, i.e., what are the expected and measurable learning outcomes
- Content outline for the program/event including outcomes of each section, teaching methods to be employed and faculty for each section of the learning program
- Fees and Review Process: An application fee of $50 must accompany submitted applications. Associated fees below will be invoiced once program has been approved. Timing of application will determine final fee. Members of the PX Continuing Education Approval Committee review each application. The qualitative review process ensures that the application is accurate, meets all application requirements, and is relevant to professional practice. Review Timing is typically 4 weeks. Expedited approval is available with timing and fees noted in the following fee schedule:
Timing to Program> 30 days prior16-30 days prior7 to 15 days priorStandard Fee (per PXE)$50$100$150
- Review Status will be one of the follow:
- Approved. Program approved for contact hours
- Approved pending changes. Please make changes requested by reviews and resubmit for final review
- Denied. Program denied approval
- Note: All approved programs may offer PXEs for two (2) years from the approval date.
Start the PXE Application Process.
Please note: If you are looking to offer PXEs for multiple sessions at a large event such as a conference or symposium, please contact us directly before starting the application process.
Currently approved programs
Review the list of currently approved programs.
Access your PXE Certificates/Transcript
You can now access PXE Certificates and learning transcripts for programs offered starting January 2016. Learn more about how to access PXE Certificates and transcripts.