Certified Patient Experience Professionals are required to recertify every three years to maintain the CPXP designation.
How to Recertify
To recertify as a CPXP, professionals must complete 30 PXEs, which could include up to 10 hours of relevant CEs such as related CNE or CME approved courses, in a three-year period from most recent date of certification. If less than 30 PXEs are completed, reexamination will be required. Review the full list of PXE qualifying activities.
Professionals must complete a recertification application and and submit a recertification fee of $275 .
- A $50.00 late fee will be applied in addition to the renewal application fee if expiration date is
30 days to 6 months after recertification renewal date.
- A $100.00 late fee will be applied in addition to the renewal application fee if expiration date is
6 to 12 months after recertification renewal date
After 1 year of expiration, a full application must be submitted and successful completion of the CPXP Certification Exam is required for recertification. Current published fees will apply.
- A short tutorial regarding maintaining your CPXP certification.
- It is important to ensure your PXI portal account is up to date. This short tutorial video will walk you through how to update your information.
- Your Patient Experience Continuing Education (PXE) Credits can be claimed through the PXI Portal. This video will walk you through that process
- You can upload outside continuing education certificates to your PXI portal. You may claim up to 10 NON-PXE credits towards your recertification. This video will walk you through that process.