Apply for CPXP Examination
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a patient experience related role or experience in engaging in patient experience efforts from various perspectives, be they a healthcare professional, consultant or patient and family member committed to experience excellence.
- If less than 3 years of professional experience: Completion of 30 Patient Experience Continuing Education Credits (PXEs) prior to submitting application for certification, which could include up to 10 hours of relevant CEs such as related CNE or CME approved courses. Review a full list of PXE Qualifying Activities.
- Application fee for certification consideration is $475
- Application fee includes a nonrefundable processing fee of $100 applied towards any incomplete application or if applicant does not meet the specified requirements.
- At this time Scantron charges a $150 (US) surcharge for international testing sites (non US/Canada) to accommodate for global testing logistics. This is applied after acceptance of application and is charged directly to the candidate at the time of test scheduling.
How to Apply, Exam Locations and Testing Windows
It is important to review the CPXP Handbook in its entirety before you begin the application process. Registration is an online process and instructions will be provided to establish log in credentials as a new applicant (“new user”). All applications undergo a full review process and will receive determination on approval within 30 days of application. Completing an application does not guarantee you will be approved to take the examination.
The testing windows offered each year are in the months of April and October. Examinees may take the test during that entire month window dependent on availability in testing centers offering the exam. The CPXP examination is conducted at secure testing centers operated by our testing partner, Scantron. Scantron offers close to 1,000 test center locations in over 700 cities in over 70 countries. See the full list of testing locations.
The application deadlines are as follows:
- April Testing Window – Regular application deadline February 19. Late application deadline February 28 (late fee associated).
- October Testing Window – Regular application deadline August 19. Late application deadline August 29 (late fee associated).
* Organizations who wish to register five or more candidates for the same CPXP exam window are eligible to receive a Organizational Multi Candidate Discount.