This page displays all of the events that have been approved to provide Patient Experience Continuing Education Credits. If you would like to offer PXE credits for your upcoming event, contact us at email@example.com.
Now, more than ever, it is time to celebrate What’s Right in Health Care®. Inspiration, connection to purpose, and resilience are key during this unprecedented time. To continue to provide you an opportunity to connect, learn and rejuvenate, we are excited to host What’s Right in Health Care® virtually this year. We invite you to join us to be inspired by the results others are achieving, share best practices and identify key takeaways to make lasting change in your organization.
Our virtual program will include several key components:
- Two, half day sessions, August 11-12, where you can join keynotes and discussions live that share actionable takeaways to transform your organization along with lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A full library of on-demand resources including discussions lead by healthcare organizations, learning resources and stories of inspiration
- Content will be available for 60 days and completion of all available sessions – both live and on-demand – can earn up to 20 CE credits. More information regarding CE credits is available below.
The Keys to Staying Positive During a Crisis
Shola Richards, Best-Selling Author and Workplace Strategist
August 11, 2020 – 6:00-7:00 PM ET
We are in the middle of a crisis. A deadly pandemic is barreling through the world, and it has created several complex challenges that we now have to navigate. Those challenges exist at work, at home, now, and in the foreseeable future. While all of this is true, it is possible to not only thrive in the face of this new normal, but we can also become unstoppable as well. In this highly-practical webinar, facilitated by best-selling author Shola Richards, you will learn the key strategies that will create positive outcomes for you and for others, now and in the future. If you are looking for an inspiring and actionable webinar to help you to navigate the current uncertainty, look no further.
- Identify the four keys to creating and maintaining a positive mindset, regardless of the circumstances.
- Apply the aforementioned “four keys” to any challenge that you are currently facing (professionally, personally, or otherwise).
- Create an accountability plan for your newly-created commitments, and identify how your plan will sustain your positive mindset long after the worst of the pandemic and the current civil unrest is over.
PXE Credit: 1
Patient Experience Institute will hold a series of live webinars over the course of 2020 to introduce potential candidates to the CPXP examination process. We will hear from and ask questions of current CPXPs on their experience with the exam process as well as how the CPXP exam has benefited them since they earned their designation. Space will be limited for these webinars and registration is required to participate. You may register for this webinar below. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your authorized emails to ensure you receive this information.
If You Build It, They Will Come
Jennifer Loew, Director-Volunteer Services, Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire, WI
August 12, 2020 – 2:00-3:00 PM ET
Join this webinar to discover the importance of being intentional and organized when developing your volunteer program. The success of your recruitment and retention plan is contingent upon it; from onboarding and communication to meaningful positions and recognition.
- Build an organized and Intentional Volunteer Program.
- Develop an effective onboarding Process.
- Enhance relationships with volunteers and colleague.
PXE Credits: 1
CAHPS Round-Up 2020
Jan Gnida, CPXP, Senior Vice President of Research Operations, PRC
Andrea Paseka, Director, CAHPS Production, PRC
August 18, 2020 – 2:00-3:00 PM ET
The Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) surveys are continually evolving to measure and improve patient experience in the healthcare industry. Jan and Andrea dedicate their time to understanding existing programs, updates to current programs, and new developments to advance patient care. During this webinar, they will review key CAHPS programs including Outpatient/Ambulatory Surgery (OAS), the Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), Hospice, Home Health (HH), and Hospital CAHPS (HCAHPS). They will review the HCAHPS Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) program and trends over the past few years. Jan and Andrea will also review current industry dialogue including star ratings and new approaches to capture the voice of the patient.
- Summarize recent developments in key CAHPS programs.
- Identify key components of the HCAHPS VBP program.
- Explain current conversation about how to collect and use patient experience data.
PXE Credits: 1
During the virtual 26th Annual NRC Health Symposium, healthcare professionals will celebrate strides in service and deepen their connection to the patients and customers they serve. High-performing organizations spanning the entire continuum of care will articulate a vision for the future of the industry—a vision that brings human understanding into focus.
The Symposium will provide you with a host of actionable ideas for personalizing care, building a consumer-ready organization, and securing authentic loyalty from your customers.